Sunday, November 16, 2014

30 Days of Thankfulness -- Day 14-16

It looks like I'm going to be doing these posts by multiple days instead of one a day.  I suppose it's better than not doing it at all!  I do think of what I'm thankful for every day, though.

Day 14 -- Salvation Army Bell Ringers.  I heard my first bell ringer today.  It really made me smile.  That sound, like no other, really makes me feel like the holidays are here.

Day 15 -- Extra Coupons!  Today I was in Bath and Body Works.  I have tons of coupons for them and when I combine the coupons with their sales I can get six full size items for $22.  That's less than the price of two regular price items!  Yep, I'm going to take advantage of that!  There was this older woman in there and she stopped me to ask me some questions.  I don't know if she thought I worked there or if she thought I knew something because I had a ton of product in my hands.  Regardless, we started talking.  As we were talking, I found out she didn't have any coupons.  Well, I had five.  Was it really going to hurt me to share?  No, not in the least.  So I gave her one.  It made me feel good.

Day 16 -- A conscience.  Now pretty much everybody who has found out about this has said I'm crazy.  But I don't think so.  I think it was the right thing to do.  When I was at Barnes & Noble yesterday, they have a special where you buy one item in the store and you can buy a Christmas themed bag for $9.95 instead of $19.95.  I couldn't decide between the bags.  A friend of mine was with me and he was buying a book, too.  We each got a bag.  Well when going through the line, on one of the orders, only the bag was rung up but not the book.  I realized it when I was out in the parking lot.  I went back inside, over his objections, and paid for the book.  He says I was crazy and should have just taken the book.  I don't agree.  To take it, knowing you didn't  pay for it, is stealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment