Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Simple Things

This morning I'm sitting on my deck watching the pup romp in the back yard and simply enjoying the morning. City life, well suburb life, to be precise, is very different from country life. My neighbor is out mowing his lawn. I know this would drive my dad crazy. He hates the sounds of the city. I don't mind it. Granted I can't breathe, but that's hardly my neighbor's fault. He didn't make me have allergies!

Before Jim started to mow I could hear all my song birds singing and they were flitting around the backyard. The lizards were out too. We have a very interesting type of lizard that lives here. It's very large and has black, brown and tan patches of color on it. I believe it's called a spiny lizard.



This is the type of morning I truly enjoy. It's very lazy and relaxing. Eventually I'll have to leave to run a few errands and go to the doctor, but for now it's a great start to the day.

It's the simple things in life, that break from the daily rat race, that make life worthwhile. Sitting on the deck in the morning. Watching the puppy play. Listening to the birds sing. It's very easy to forget these things. Yet these are the things that truly recharge you and give you something to look forward to.

2 comments:

  1. "We think magnificence is in short supply, that dust and dirt choke out the lilies. But that's not true and never was. Lilies make root in dirt, but they reach for heaven--and in the reaching, reveal their magnificence."
    -Home to Harmony by Phillip Gulley

    Yes Rebecca, it is truly the simple things in life that are magnificent and make life more vibrant and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you so much on this, it the little things we forget but when God gets our attention we see the beauty. I can sit outside and just enjoy the sounds of nature, now I am in the country and I am like your dad city life to much for me LOL
    take time each day to see His beauty
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete